Solar thermal is the ultimate “green” solution to hot water heating
Cincinnati Energy Solutions can help you decide if this water heating option works for you. Our professional “Solar site assessment” and system design services.
The U.S. spends more than $13 billion-a-year on energy for home water heating. That is the equivalent of 11.4 barrels of oil per household, more than the amount of oil (in the form of gasoline) burned by a medium-sized automobile driven 12,000 miles.
- Over 1.5 million Americans have invested in solar hot water systems for their homes and businesses, with over 94% of these customers considering the investment a wise decision.
- The power saved by all the solar hot water heating and pool heating systems currently installed in the U.S. is equivalent to 9 megawatts per year, or the annual output of a typical nuclear powerplant.
- A business can realize savings of 40 – 80% on electric or fuel bills by utilizing a solar water heating system to replace its conventional one.
- Prices for a complete solar water heating system range from $5,000 to $10,000. The life-cycle cost of a solar water heating system is at least 20% lower than a conventional water heater.
- When a solar hot water heating system is included in the financing for a new home, the typical cost of the system ranges from $13 to $20 month and because the system is included in the home’s mortgage, the homeowner can take advantage of a federal income tax interest rate deduction.